Data Warehouse Tools and Utilities FunctionsThe following are the functions of Data Warehouse tools and Utilities:
- Data Extraction - Data Extraction involves gathering the data from multiple heterogeneous sources.
- Data Cleaning - Data Cleaning involves finding and correcting the errors in data.
- Data Transformation - Data Transformation involves converting data from legacy format to warehouse format.
- Data Loading - Data Loading involves sorting, summarizing, consolidating, checking integrity and building indices and partitions.
- Refreshing - Refreshing involves updating from data sources to warehouse.