Write a short note on GPS:
· GPS stands for Global Positioning System.
· GPS is a space based radio navigation system consists of 24 satellites and ground center support that provides accurate three dimensional position, velocity and time everywhere in the world in all weather conditions.
· GPS serves unlimited number of users. A first GPS system Navstar Global Positioning System was initiated in 1973 by US DoD.
· GPS is classical navigation application for the users its available in two basic forms : Standard Positioning Service (SPS) and Precise Positioning Service (PPS).
· SPS provides horizontal position that is accurate to 100 mt. PPS provides horizontal accuracy up to 20 mt. but PPS is having greater resistance to jamming and immunity to deceptive signals.
· DGPS differential global positioning systems give accuracy up to 3m.
· 24 satellites continuously give information to the earth station that what is the clock time and altitude and location of the object.
· Maximum use of GPS is done by military in fighter plan, helicopters , ships and submarines tanks and by individual soldier’s equipment
· Civil community is using for path finding and for finding a different location and person by this system.
· GPS enable delivery vans and emergency vehicles are guided by this, many petroleum company is having GPS enable transport for kept watch over the route where the transport vegan is going.
· GPS system increase safety and also inspection power of the people who need to watch over the moving equipments like cab, car, cell phones etc.