Bar Code System
- Bar encoding is a special type of point-of-sale data recording.
- Although several different bar codes exists, the most easily recognizable is the UPC (Universal Product Code).
- The bar code reader has a scanning device that translates black and white bars of different widths into electrical impulses.
- Thus, there is no need to manually use a data entry device such as a cash register to key the data into machine-readable form.
- Bar code system is used in Stock control, Accounting, Library, Supermarket etc.
- The advantage of bar code system is it is cost effective, high accuracy reading, etc.
- while it has some disadvantages that Not easy to change Information on bar code, easy tampering, Not human readable, etc.