Computer security is required because most organizations can be damaged by hostile software or intruders. There may be several forms of damage which are obviously interrelated. These include:
• Damage or destruction of internal data.
• Damage or destruction of computer system.
• Loss of sensitive information of hostile parties.
• Use of sensitive information to steal items of monitory value.
• Use of sensitive information against the organization’s customers which may result in legal action by customers against the organization and loss of customers.
• Damage to the reputation of an organization
• Monetary damage duet o loss of sensitive information, destruction of data, hostile use of sensitive data, or damage to the organization’s reputation.
The methods used to accomplish these crooked objectives are many and varied depending on the circumstances.